Monday, June 8, 2015

SHHHHH. There is a hockey game going on

Its June and the Chicago Blackhawks are still playing. With a Cubs team that is on the rise but still young and a last place White Sox team, Chicago sports fans are thrilled about the Blackhawks being in the Stanley Cup again. For the record, people who know me know I am by no means a big 'Hawks fan, but that is due to me just not being too interested in hockey in general.

With that being said, I have enjoyed watching them in the playoffs, especially when having no schoolwork to do the next day so I can enjoy a nice cold beverage (or 10).

The Tampa Bay Lightning have made the headlines here in Chicago with their policies regarding Chicago fans in their arena. It drew enough attention for Mayor Rahm Emanual to touch on the topic.

After looking through some recent articles about the 'Hawks I came across one that just seemed insane to me. Victoria Greene, a Blackhawks fan, was kicked out of a game in Tampa for cheering for the Hawks.
"According to Greene, the officer said the reason behind the removal was that she was cheering too much and was too loud."
Being kicked out of a hockey game for cheering too much. Now I've heard everything.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me so mad! Even the thought of banning people from wearing a certain team frustrates me. It's insane that they make these rules and regulations when it isn't going to make their team better.

    ReplyDelete